Google pushed out several updates to the Google Search app for Android 4.1+ users this week. The company also has revealed plans for a new version of the Google Search app for iPhone and iPad users.
Google also announced a new look and feel for Google search across mobile devices.
“It’s cleaner and simpler, optimized for touch, with results clustered on cards so you can focus on the answers you’re looking for,” Google said in a blog post.
Google Updates Search App for Android Coming Soon: New Google Search App for iPhone & iPad Attention iPhone and iPad users: expect a new version of Google’s Search app in the next couple of weeks, with push notifications. The new version is designed to give you notifications across devices, Google announced.
So if you tell your Nexus 7, “OK Google. Remind me to buy olive oil at Safeway,” when you walk into the store with your iPhone, you’ll get a reminder. We’ll also show you Google Now notifications so you’re not late to your cooking class. Nov. 4-7, 2013: This year’s SES Chicago agenda focuses on aligning paid, owned and earned media to help you drive quality traffic and increase conversions.Register today and save up to $ 400! Early Bird rate expires October 3.
- Google Maps for iPad, iPhone, Android Phones Updated With Incident Reports, Local Search
- Google Gesture Search Android App Gains Added Language Support
- Google outlaws Android app updates that don’t come from its Play store
- Google+ for Android updates, notifications get synced
- What Is Google Now Voice Search Doing To Apple’s Siri